Job Type: Permanent
Job start: 5/12/2018
Rate: From 45000.00 to 55000.00 GBP per Year
Job description: 3rd Line/TAM Role Definition
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) role is predominantly commercially focussed with the responsibility of aligning the client’s IT strategy with services provided by SysGroup PLC. A TAM’s responsibilities would typically include:
• Regular client meetings to discuss the current state of their environment, review common issues and areas for improvement.
• Demo’s and POC for new technologies.
• Working closely with the client to create an IT strategy.
• Regular updates as to what’s happening within the industry, using experience both from other customers as well as seminars, shows and vendor material.
• General infrastructure background (Virtualisation, storage and networking)
• Microsoft operating systems and core services, including Active Directory, WSUS, GPOs etc.
• VMware vSphere 5.5/6.0/6.5 administration, design and deployment.
• VMware Horizon View 6/7 administration.
• VMware Horizon View 6/7 design and deployment (preferable).
• Veeam Backup and Replication (9/9.5).
• HPE Nimble Storage (preferable).
• HPE/Cisco network device administration (switches and security devices).
• Good technical skills (as outlined above).
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to produce clear and concise documentation.
• Ability to work within a team, which may include both supplier and customer staff members.
• Ability to work within process driven environments, with formal change control and enterprise project delivery methodologies.
In terms of the day-to-day role:
• Project design and delivery.
• 3rd line support.
• Working closely with the senior TAM/Consultant to continually develop the IT strategy.
• Attend meetings, presenting ideas and technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
Job reference: JO0000009681