Job Type: Permanent
Job start: 15/2/2018
Rate: From 26000.00 to 28000.00 GBP per Year
Job description: SUPPORT ANALYST
Job Title: Support Analyst
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Job Summary: To provide network and software support to users.
1. Resolve desktop problems liaising with users where necessary.
2. Provide support and maintenance for application software.
3. To have experience in maintaining networking typologies and Windows 2000/XP/7 operating systems.
4. To assist in the technical implementation of PC Hardware applications for use in a user environment.
5. Ensure that software implementation follows the change control guidelines, procedures and methodology.
6. To keep abreast of all PC applications development.
7. Deal with common network connectivity issues (2003/08 Server, Active Directory, CISCO environment).
8. To provide telephone services to the desktop (Mitel system), knowledge of voice/data patching required. Dealing with a number of voice and data relocations.
9. Provide support to Blackberry and mobile phone users including using Blackberry Enterprise Server and handset configuration.
10. Set up and assistance with audio/visual presentations.
11. To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Operations Manager.
1. Minimum of three years working in a PC based environment. Candidate must have proven experience in maintaining and supporting mainstream software products such as Windows XP, MS Office, Access and Outlook. An understanding of CISCO routed network topology would be an advantage.
2. Knowledge of Intel LANDesk a distinct advantage.
3. Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
4. Must be self-sufficient, highly motivated, methodical and have an inquisitive mind.
5. Educated to A level or equivalent with a mature disposition and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel.
6. The analyst will be supporting a large and varied user base. We require a bright and intuitive individual who has good all round skills and who wishes to be involved in a fast moving environment.
Job reference: JO0000009384